Things to Know Before You Order
There’s a few Things to Know Before You Order, we want you to understand our policies. Note: All the policies below were made, because they’ve actually happened…
1. Once you order you may not add items to your order without paying for them. At times we have been texted or emailed a customer a photo of certain items that are rare or highly custom before purchase, after the order has been made we’ve received message after message to add this or that to their order. In some cases, controlling the creative process and dictating via email or text message. Please understand we are a custom company that handles thousands of orders. Although we are happy to add things to your order after your initial order, we can only do so for an additional charge.
2. Add Ons – If you’d like to add to your order please do so during normal business hours and via our business phone. Although we are thrilled that you love our items, please refrain from texting us at midnight to add a ribbon to your daughter’s order because she decided today that she just has to have it…We do not want to refrain from giving out our cell phone numbers to text you but if the process is continuing to be abused, we may have to, which will be a sad thing to do to our customers that are not abusing the process.
3. Time to Make Your Order – We currently have an on time shipping rate of 100% Please help us keep this rating by providing us adequate time to make your order. We make each order FROM SCRATCH unlike other homecoming mum stores we do NOT use premade mums to make your order thus the quality you receive IS handcrafted! We work with a lot of last minute shoppers and can usually accommodate however for the very best results please give us at least 1 week to make your order.
4. The Firm Pick Up Policy – Our Pickup times are 10 -4 pm and 5 – 7 pm Monday – Friday and 9am – 4pm Saturday. If item is not picked up by 4pm Friday of your homecoming, we will resell your item, or dismantle it to use it’s pieces in other orders and you will not receive a refund. If you’ve made special arrangements with us, then we will honor them. To see our Pick Up Information Click Here
Which brings us to pick up arrangements… If you’ve requested an after hours time to pick up we will be arranging to be here for you. If you fail to show, we will note it. We understand that life is busy, however we do have a business to run, children, and lives of our own as well. After your second promise to pick up and no show we will enforce the “The Firm Pick Up Policy” above.
5. After Add Ons – If your order is marked complete, unless we have made a mistake on your order, there will be a $100 charge to make any changes, regardless of how small the change.
By ordering with Mums and Kisses you understand that custom orders are final, there are no returns, or exchanges once your order is complete. For more information on our cancellations & refunds please click here.
6. Parents – Please help us out by calling us yourselves if you have questions. We love to hear from your kiddos but let’s face it, they’re not going to make a move without your permission. It makes it faster and easier for you and us if you go ahead and make the call or help them fill out their order online. You and your child will get what you want and you’ll feel better in the long run. Talk with your child before calling and write down their requests, even if you don’t understand what they mean, we will. This makes it easier for both you and us when you call. Your children are allowed to order without you but if your child is undecided its best if you call. 817-519-9000
7. Take the “mum exchange” into consideration before ordering. – What’s that? The mum exchange is where your child gives his or her date their mum. Most students like to wear the mum to school so the exchange will need to be done before Friday’s homecoming. So that means you’ll need your mum from us sooner than you might have thought. If you’re getting your mum shipped we’ll ship it so that the deliver is usually the Wednesday before homecoming giving you Wednesday evening and all of Thursday to do the exchange. Please remember the mum exchange date when you order.
8. No Photos Please – We will work with you on your mum order until you’re happy that we understand your vision. But please do not ask us to send you photos or your product in process. We always feel a little like a sonogram before the baby comes, it’s nice but you don’t really see what you’re getting till it’s there.
9. Our Biggest Question We Get Asked is –
How do your ship these things? – The Simple Answer, we ship them laid out flat!
A: We understand your concern, and trust us, we don’t want to work on your order for 12 hours straight to ruin it in a box. Please remember, your order, is our baby. We created it and take so much pride in it. We use satin ribbon, we lay them out flat in a 36 inch long box so your order will not crease. We have more information about how we ship on our delivery page. Including photos of what mums that were shipped from across the ocean from DFW to Okinawa, Japan looked like when they arrived!
We include a card in the packaging telling you the best way to care for your mum after it’s arrival. Customers have reported that the mum makes it to their location not only intact but they are able to easily fluff it out with out problem.
10. Live Chat – When chatting with our Live Chat, you are chatting with a professional employee of Mums and Kisses. We were the first to set up live chat on a homecoming website, although others imitate it now, we have a dedicated Live Chat team that mans the chat and will getyour questions answered ASAP. However, please remember when using our live chat, questions like “How much are your mums”? Are NOT productive as each mum has its price clearly listed on it. Please be mindful of “the obvious” before chatting to live chat, it takes away from designing your future order.
11. High Demand / High Pressure Customers – 99% of the time our customers are really easy to work with, easy to please and they just want to make their kids happy. But then there are the High Pressure Parents. You know the ones, the perfectionists that have to have the mum “just so” that demand the world and dictate the mums every detail. You Know Who You Are. Attention High Pressure Parents, all this really does is intimidate your mum creator and limit their ability to create you something truly awesome. They are so worried about pleasing you, that they truly can’t because they’re are too busy trying to follow the page by page instructions you have left them. Allow them to create you something awesome. By being a high pressure, high demand customer, you’re more likely to get something you don’t want than something you do. It’s okay to be specific, but draw the line at being the mum dictator.