Things to Know Before You Order
There’s a few Things to Know Before You Order, we want you to understand our policies. Note: All the policies below were made, because they’ve actually happened…
- Once you order you may not add items to your order without paying for them. At times we have been texted or emailed a customer a photo of certain items that are rare or highly custom before purchase, after the order has been made we’ve received message after message to add this or that to their order. In some cases, controlling the creative process and dictating via email or text message. Please understand we are a custom company that handles thousands of orders and do so out of our private residence. Although we are happy to add things to your order after your initial order, we can only do so for an additional charge. We are NOT the “old lady down the street making items in her spare time.”
2. Ad Ons – If you’d like to add to your order please do so during normal business hours and via our business phone. Although we are thrilled that you love our items, please refrain from texting us at midnight to add a ribbon to your daughter’s order because she decided today that she just has to have it…We do not want to refrain from giving out our cell phone numbers to text you but if the process is continuing to be abused, we may have to, which will be a sad thing to do to our customers that are not abusing the process.
3. Time to Make Your Order – We currently have an on time shipping rate of 100% Please help us keep this rating by providing us adequate time to make your order. We make each order FROM SCRATCH unlike other homecoming mum places we do NOT use premade mums to make your order thus the quality you receive IS handcrafted! We work with a lot of last minute shoppers and can usually accommodate however for the very best results please give us at least 1 week to make your order.
4. The Firm Pick Up Policy – Pickup times are FIRM. If your homecoming date is Friday, and today is Thursday, your last chance to pick it up from us is 7pm Thursday. We will resell your item, or dismantle it to use it’s pieces in other orders if it is not picked up by 7pm and you will not receive a refund. If you’ve made special arrangements with us, then we will honor them. However no call no show by 7pm the day before your Homecoming, and we will be firm on our pick up policy. To see our Pick Up Information Click Here
Which brings us to pick up arrangements… If you’ve said you’d like to pick up at a specific time we will be arranging to be here to hand deliver it to you. If you fail to show, we will note it. We understand that life is busy, however we do have a business to run, children, and lives of our own as well. After your second promise to pick up and no show we will enforce the “The Firm Pick Up Policy” above.
5. After Ad Ons – If your homecoming mum has “been sealed” This means final glue has been put on to your order and it is ready to go. Unless we have made a mistake on your order we will NOT add anything else. Please understand.
By ordering with Mums and Kisses you understand that custom orders are final, there are no returns, or exchanges once your order is complete. For more information on our cancellations & refunds please click here.
6. Parents – Please help us out by calling us yourselves if you have questions. We love to hear from your kiddos but let’s face it, they’re not going to make a move without your permission. It makes it faster and easier for you and us if you go ahead and make the call or help them fill out their order online. You and your child will get what you want and you’ll feel better in the long run. Talk with your child before calling and write down their requests, even if you don’t understand what they mean, we will. This makes it easier for both you and us when you call. Your children are allowed to order without you but if your child is undecided its best if you call. 817-519-9000
7. Take the “mum exchange” into consideration before ordering. – What’s that? The mum exchange is where your child gives his or her date their mum. Most students like to wear the mum to school so the exchange will need to be done before Friday’s homecoming. So that means you’ll need your mum from us sooner than you might have thought. If you’re getting your mum shipped we’ll ship it so that the deliver is usually the Wednesday before homecoming giving you Wednesday evening and all of Thursday to do the exchange. Please remember the mum exchange date when you order.
8. No Photos Please – We will work with you on your mum order until you’re happy that we understand your vision. But please do not ask us to send you photos or your product in process. We always feel a little like a sonogram before the baby comes, it’s nice but you don’t really see what you’re getting till it’s there.
9. Our Biggest Question We Get Asked is –
How do your ship these things? – The Simple Answer, we ship them laid out flat!
A: Long answer – Very Carefully! We know understand your concern, and trust us, we don’t want to work on your order for 12 hours straight to ruin it in a box. Please remember, your order, is our baby. We created it and take so much pride in it. We use satin ribbon, we lay them out flat in a 36 inch long box so your order will not crease. We also cover your order in a plastic garment bag to protect it even further. We have more information about how we ship on our delivery page. Including photos of what mums that were shipped from across the country from DFW to Dickinson North Dakota looked like when they arrived and were worn.
We include a card in the packaging telling you the best way to care for your mum after it’s arrival. Customers have reported that the mum makes it to their location not only intact but they are able to easily fluff it out with out problem.
10. Live Chat – Please remember that our Mum helpers take time our of making mums to answer live chat. We do not have a call center, our live chat is ran by the actual designers that make your mums. They are the experts and we prefer you to talk to the people that know our products the best! That being said, questions like “How much are your mums”? Are NOT productive as each mum has its price clearly listed on it. Please be mindful of “the obvious” before chatting to live chat, it takes away from them designing your future order.
11. Our Appearance Apology – We hereby apologize in advance if you are picking up your order and Shannon is in her pj’s. Two months out of the year the PJ is the modeling attire of Mums and Kisses making it easy to both crash and make mums in at any given time. She’s SO going to kill us for putting this on there but hey… it is what it is! lol. – We love you Shannon!