Mums and Kisses Shipping Policy
Our shipping policy is an extension of what is on our Delivery Page. This page includes both the Mail Carrier Insurance Information as well as the Mums and Kisses Remake Insurance (provided by Mums and Kisses) information you may need. If you have more questions on shipping please see our FAQ page.
By ordering from this website you agree to our shipping policy as well as our terms of service.
Note – There is no USPS shipping on Labor Day or Columbus Day (both fall on Mondays). If you need your item to ship on one of these holidays you must opt for UPS at checkout. Please keep this in mind when ordering.
How We Ship:
One of the top questions we get, especially on Amazon is, “How do you ship these things?” We lay them out flat in custom made boxes! We use gentle packing material to limit movement during shipping.. We ship literally thousands of mums per year, we have tested many ways to ship them and are continually updating the best way to get your product to you safely and beautifully. We hate to work so hard creating your master piece just to put it in a box, so we take great care in our work. Full mums ship in a 3 foot long box.
Normal Shipping Policy:
- For Shipped Orders, we will ship using the preferred method you indicated on the checkout page. Shipping is free on orders over our advertised amount. For orders under this amount, a shipping rates deemed by the carrier will apply for all orders placed in normal time. (Shipping costs may be subject to change with multiple orders or at our discretion.)
Our Policy is as follows:
- Please verify the shipping address on your order confirmation email. If the address is correct, do nothing. if it is incorrect please respond to the email promptly! An address correction will be your responsibility and Mums and Kisses will not be liable. Please take care!
- You will receive a tracking number to the email address you provided once the item is ready to ship, please make sure our email is not going to your spam folder.
- If you are using PayPal, we will only use the ship to address you give on our website checkout. Paypal address are ignored as many do not keep their PayPal address up to date. We will use the shipping address you give us only!
- We do honor different billing and shipping addresses. You may ship our products to a location other than your billing address.
- After your order has been marked complete, you will receive an email. Complete orders mean that our designers have completed your order, it will then be sent to our quality control area for final inspection and then to our “Final Touches” Department for last embellishments and steam cleaning, bagging and then to the shipping department for boxing and shipping. This process from “Complete” to “Shipped” takes about 2 hours and most times Completed orders will ship same day if done before the shipping cutoff time.
- Please Note: We take photos of EACH product that leaves our facility, we also have cameras in our design room with time stamp. We have had an experience once in the past were false claims of damage were made, WE DOCUMENT, and false claims against us can and will result in a suit against you by Mums and Kisses and / or by the chosen carrier and are protected by the 18 U.S. Code § 288 of the Federal Postal Law.
- All packages are insured up to $50.00 by USPS. All packages shipped via UPS are insured up to $100 by UPS. Mums and Kisses offers remake insurance if desired separately IF purchased when ordering. Please see below for more details on remake insurance..
- We package your order so that it has limited movement during shipping to the best of our ability.
- Our packaging at times may include a care card, please read carefully BEFORE removing your order from it’s shipping container.
- We do ship using straight pins, please use care when removing your order from it’s shipping container.
- We can NOT guarantee that items might not shift or come removed during transit.
- Choking hazard: Please note our products contain small trinkets and pieces not suitable for children under 3.
Tip: Once your package leaves our facility you will be provided with a tracking number, after this step your order is no longer in our area of responsibility. Any lost / damaged packages must be dealt with through your chosen carrier using the tracking number provided IF additional insurance was not purchased. After contacting the carrier, then please contact us. We can not help you if you do not contact the carrier first!
Free Shipping is sometimes offered for orders made over our advertised price. Overnight, or UPS shipping does not qualify for our free shipping discounts or offers.
Please indicate your preferred shipping method at checkout.
Lost or Damaged Packages
Lost packages are not considered lost until they are more than 7 days PAST your expected arrival date.
Any lost / damaged packages must be dealt with through your chosen carrier using the tracking number provided. All of our packages are insured up to $50.00 (USPS) and $100 (UPS) standard with the mail carriers at no additional cost to you. You may file a claim with the mail carrier for damages. If you happened to have purchase the Mums and Kisses Remake Insurance, please read more below about this additional coverage below.
If the Mums and Kisses Remake Insurance was not purchased then Mums and Kisses is not responsible for packages that you do not receive. Once the package leaves our facility it is the responsibility of the carrier you’ve chosen to see to it that you indeed receive your goods.
IMPORTANT: If your package is not received, however the mail carrier indicates via tracking number that the package HAS BEEN DELIVERED to the correct address, Mums and Kisses will NOT remake your item and over night it to you with out a full reorder at your expense. This issue will still be the responsibility of the carrier, UNLESS, Mums and Kisses has made a mistake in the addressing of the package.
Steps for Lost Packages. Please follow the following steps in this case.
- Track your package using the tracking number provided.
- Read the address carefully and compare it to the address on your confirmation email. As stated above, Mums and Kisses is not liable for incorrect addresses. We expect you to correct any errors during your order confirmation email.
- If the addresses match you will then need to contact your chosen carrier to file a claim after 7 days of non receipt from our ship date.
- If the addresses match and you have purchased more shipping insurance through Mums and Kisses, call us at 817-518-9000. If your package does not make it intime for your event, it is NOT considered lost until 7 days after it’s expected date.
Steps on Damaged Packages
Damaged is defined as beyond repairable by the recipient, unwearable. Water soaked in shipping, crushed in shipping. This does not include trinkets or items that have shifted, wrinkled, become detached. Damaged is in shipping only it will NOT cover any product that has been worn, or used in any way. Damage claims must be filed the same day as receipt or will be considered received and okay. We will not pay damages on products that are received one day and claim filed the next. YOU MUST FILE SAME DAY AS RECIEVED. or the insurance bought is void.
- If the package is damaged so severely that the purchased item(s) are/is also damaged then please first file the insurance claim with the mail carrier first.
- Take photos of the damage for your records. As the mail carrier might request them as well. Must be done same DAY as receipt. We will mark the day of receipt according to the carrier reports.
- If you purchased additional remake insurance with Mums and Kisses please call us at 817-518-9000. We will request a form to be filled out as well as photos emailed to us. This must be done the same day you receive the insurance is now void. And you will only be able to recover the insurance from the carrier. To claim your Mums and Kisses insurance same day, you will have the following choices:
A. Issue you the additional insurance protection provisions you purchased without replacement of the order*, or
B. Offer a remake of the order and reship.
(*Indicates more information below)
- Please Note: We take photos of EACH product that leaves our facility, we also have cameras in our design room with time stamp. We have had an experience once in the past where false claims of damage were made to obtain product for free, WE DOCUMENT, and false claims against us can and will result in a suit against you by Mums and Kisses and / or by the chosen carrier and are protected by the 18 U.S. Code § 288 of the Federal Postal Law.
Shipping Insurance via Carrier
Carrier Shipping insurance can be used towards a replacement order or towards the recovery of the original order in the case of the above. There are no refunds on insurance purchased on successfully received orders. Additional Insurance Covers the following:
- Damaged product NOT the packaging up to the amount of the purchased amount.
- Lost packages due to the mail carrier.
- Natural Disasters that prevent your order from reaching you including at our facility and in shipping.
- Remake of the order if this option is chosen.
- Insurance money reimbursement up to the amount of insurance purchased during the original order. If you choose the insurance payout, funds will be given to you using the method in which you paid for your order. ie; paypal credit card etc.
Mums and Kisses Additional Remake Insurance & Redeeming
Additional Insurance that is purchased through Mums and Kisses is only redeemable via the following methods.
- Damaged product in shipping, Damaged is defined as beyond repairable by the recipient, unwearable. Water soaked in shipping, crushed in shipping. This does not include trinkets or items that have shifted, wrinkled, become detached. Damaged is in shipping only it will NOT cover any product that has been worn, or used in any way. Damage claims must be filed the same day as receipt or the package will be considered received and okay.
- Remake insurance does NOT cover packages not received in time for your event.
- Product that is not received by carrier (verified via tracking number) with in 7 days of the expected date.
- Redeemable only upon request only This is not automated. Requests are to be made via phone by calling 817-518-9000 and are redeemable at our desecration. We will not honor emailed requests, live chat requests or any social media posted requests. We must speak with only the original purchaser.
- Redeemable insurance is at our discretion. If the customer is disrespectful,, uses foul language, or behaves in a manner other than courteous and respectful then we have the right to not honor the Remake insurance and will simply refund you the amount of the insurance only. We will not tolerate mistreatment.
- Redeemable via two choices – 1. Remake of original order, 2. Insurance Money Paid.
Option 1: Choice of Order Remake – If you choose the option to have your order remade, the remake will be of the original order only. There can be no changes to the order, and no refunds or “the difference” given etc. Remakes can only be honored if there is ample time to both remake and reship to you before your event’s date. (homecoming, baby shower, etc). If there is not ample time, we suggest option 2 below.
Option 2: Additional Insurance Money Payout – If this method is chosen, then the amount of the mum will be paid back to you via the method you used to pay the original order with. ie. paypal, debit card etc. The amount paid back to you will be the cost of the product only! This means the original total, with the exclusion of shipping ($11.81), sales tax (8.25% of the order total), additional insurance fee, and excludes the mail carrier insurance coverage of $50.00 ( $50.00 is claimed through the USPS mail carrier and is NOT apart of the Additional Remake Insurance Money Payout Method). Insurance Money Payouts are done with in 5-7 days after the approval from Mums and Kisses.
Example of Insurance Money Payout.
Original Total Amount Paid at checkout was $147.67
Minus $12.18 Sales Tax
Minus $6.95 Additional Insurance Fee
Minus $11.81 Shipping.
Minus $50.00 Mail Carrier Insurance will pay you this.
Mums and Kisses Insurance Pay Out Total would be $59.78 and the USPS will pay you $50.00 as well. For a total recovery of $109.78
Last Updated on August 6 2019
*Shipping Policy is subject to change at anytime.